Author Topic: A question regarding Vassals  (Read 4743 times)

Offline Ruideside/OM (RP)

• Otmar Messer, Lord-Commander, etc., etc., etc.
  • RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
  • Regency: 7
  • Come let us discuss this...
    • Bob's Worlds
A question regarding Vassals
« on: July 15, 2015, 06:40:54 AM »
How were Vassals handled in RoE? Were they treated as full fledged realms with 3 actions, court, etc, or did they have only a single action?
By the Grace of My Own Right Hand, Lord Commander of the Federated Free Companies, Governor-General of the Ruideside, Marshal of the Realm, and Captain-General of the Brethren of  the Black Flag.

My Tollanar blog: https://bobsworlds.wordpress.com/

"If reason won't work - try violence"

Offline Wanderer (Garth)

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Hero
  • Regency: 1
Re: A question regarding Vassals
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 11:23:09 PM »
I may be incorrect (probably not), but I believe the following action allocation was used:
Lieutenants = 1 action
Vassals = 3 actions (or more)

Vassals are domains while lieutenants are individual characters that assist domains.

Vassals have the normal actions that they would have regardless of vassalage agreements and their actions are not selected by the master domain, but by the regent of the vassal domain or the DM if the vassal is an NPC domain.  A DM could allow the player controlling a master domain to indicate the requested actions of an NPC vassal domain if it would assist in domain management, but such an indication would obviously be subject to the DM's discretion.  A vassal could have more than three actions in a turn as well if that domain has bonus actions for any reason, such as for having a lieutenant as described below.

Lieutenants assist a domain in the coordination and execution of actions.  Regardless of the number of lieutenants a domain has beyond the first, if a domain has at least one lieutenant it receives a bonus action.  This number of bonus actions does not increase for having multiple lieutenants.

I believe that multiple lieutenants can assist in actions to improve the chance of success.  Each can assist in one action.

Offline Ruideside/OM (RP)

• Otmar Messer, Lord-Commander, etc., etc., etc.
  • RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
  • Regency: 7
  • Come let us discuss this...
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 12:05:22 PM »
Yeah, that's how I run the major vassal lords, the ones that were giving me trouble were the ones with only 1 or 2 levels of holding.
By the Grace of My Own Right Hand, Lord Commander of the Federated Free Companies, Governor-General of the Ruideside, Marshal of the Realm, and Captain-General of the Brethren of  the Black Flag.

My Tollanar blog: https://bobsworlds.wordpress.com/

"If reason won't work - try violence"

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 12:35:37 PM »
That was never a good fit, those small domains. If I were to run a RoE game again I would probably do away with all the mini-domains.
DM Bjørn

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 08:02:10 AM »
That was never a good fit, those small domains. If I were to run a RoE game again I would probably do away with all the mini-domains.

Why not say when?  ;D